Thames Centre has a Garbage Bag Tag Program - which funds the garbage and landfill operations through a surcharge included on the Interim Tax Bill issued annually in February.
Property owners receive 45 bag tags annually in January, and if additional bag tags are required, they can be purchased as required for $2.50 each.
Where to Purchase Tags
- Municipal Office - Dorchester (cash or debit)
4305 Hamilton Road, Dorchester Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
- Dorchester Foodland (cash or cheque)
2095 Dorchester Road, Dorchester Hours: 8am-8pm
- Thorndale Farm Supply (cash or cheque)
197 King Street, Thorndale Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm and Sat 8am-12pm
- Thorndale Public Library (cash or cheque)
21790 Thorndale Road, Thorndale Hours: Sun & Mon closed, Tues 10am-2pm, Wed 2pm-8pm, Thurs 10am-8pm, Fri 10am-2pm and Sat 10am-1pm
How to Properly Place Tags
- Folded around the neck of the bag or on the side, with the bag facing the road to be easily seen
- DO NOT wrap the tag tightly around the neck of the bag
- DO NOT put the tag on a garbage can or other container
- Improperly tagged garbage will not be collected
- Any abuse of the Municipality of Thames Centre garbage bag tag system may result in penalties under By-law 41-2012
Multi Residential/Light Commercial Properties
- Residents of multi residential properties will be required to purchase tags and set out waste in one central area. Bags will not require tags if a private dumpster is currently provided by the owners of an apartment building and is not removed by the Municipal Contractor.