Licensing your dog could play a critical role in identifying your dog should it become lost or injured.
- All dogs in the municipality must have a valid licence ("dog tag") and wear their dog tag
- The municipality issues a dog tag for the lifetime of your dog at no charge (as of January 1, 2022)
- Tags are to be kept each year unless lost or damaged, then it shall be replaced with a fee associated
- Persons who fail to purchase a dog license are eligible to be fined under the Provincial Offenses Act
DOG LICENSE FEES
|Replacement Dog Tag (lost, stolen, worn out)||$10.00|
|Kennel License Fee||$150.00|
|Appeal Hearing for Muzzle Order or Dangerous Dog Designation||$150.00|
Changes - moving and/or death of a pet
- The Municipality contracts the services of Hillside Kennels Animal Control to provide animal control services.
- Hillside Kennels Animal Control (1-888-469-3247) will make special calls to pick up stray dogs, which are confined
- Animal Control By-law 63-2022
ANIMAL DISTRESS OR ABUSE
The Province of Ontario has established a toll-free number, 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625) for people to report concerns about animal distress or abuse. This call centre is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
LEASH LAW - RUNNING AT LARGE
- If you observe a dog running at large, please contact the Municipal Office
- The running at large of dogs is prohibited within the municipality
- Every dog within the Township, when not confined to the dwelling or property of its owner or of the person having the care or custody of the same, shall at all times be restrained upon a leash and in charge of some person
- Any resident wishing to operate a dog kennel or boarding facility must obtain a Kennel License
- The property must be properly zoned to accommodate a kennel or boarding facility
- Fee: $125.00 per year
- There are certain zoning requirements and standards for kennels so make sure to contact the Municipal Office before building any type of kennel structure, etc.