The Dorchester Dog Day Park is located at the Outdoor Recreation Complex.
Dorchester Dog Day Park Sponsorship Package
$10,000.00 - Dog Park Sponsorship with Personalized Business Sign
$2,000.00 - Dog Park Bench with Personalized Plaque
$750.00 - "Leader of the Pack" - Name featured on Dog Park Sponsorship Sign
$500.00 - "Dog's Best Friend" - Name featured on Dog Park Sponsorship Sign
$100.00 - "Paw's Pals" - Name featured on Dog Park Sponsorship Sign
What is the dog day park?
Dogs are not allowed to run-at-large anywhere in Thames Centre. This means they must be on a leash when you are out for a walk or visiting a park.
"Dog Day Park" is designed to provide off-leash access within a specific municipal park to accommodate the needs of dog owners to exercise their pets when they wont be subject to the municipal animal control by-law.
Dogs can legally run off-leash only in the Dog Day Park.
Dog DAY Park Rules
- Up to date vaccinations and license tags must be on the dogs collar at all times (Bordetella/Kennel Cough Vaccinations highly recommended)
- Use the dog park at your own risk
- Leash your dog while entering and exiting the park
- Keep your dog within sight and under verbal control
- Do not allow your dog to chase wildlife
- No puppies under 4 months of age, female dogs in heat, sick, aggressive or out of control dogs allowed
- No play toys, balls, dog treats or human food allowed at this park (any of the above could cause aggressive behaviour to occur)
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Unsupervised children under 14 years are not permitted at the park
- Off-leash area users are subject to the dog owners' liability act
- Fill holes if your dog digs
- Pitbulls, are defined under the Ontario Law, must be muzzled and leashed at all times whether they are in an off leash park or not
- Help keep the park clean and work as a group
- You are responsible for your own children and their behaviour
- Pick up after your dog
- No glass containers allowed at the park.